Many of the BSW double glazed and triple glazed windows and doors are fabricated using Pilkington K Glass™ S. Pilkington K Glass™ S is a high performance glass with excellent thermal insulation when incorporated within an Insulating Glass Unit (IGU). IGUs can be used in windows in all types of glazing applications in new houses, conservatories and in replacement windows for existing homes.
A combination of optimal solar heat gain, thermal insulation and light transmission provide the highest Window Energy Rating (WER) performance.
Pilkington K Glass™ S is a single stock, soft coated glass which can be used in annealed form or toughened. Either way it retains the same thermal performance and neutral appearance.
Benefits of Pilkington K Glass™ S:
- When incorporated into a Pilkington energiKare™ double glazed unit, it can easily achieve up to and beyond A-rated windows in all frame materials
- Helps windows exceed Building Regulations concerning energy efficiency in homes now and for the future changes expected
- Enables householders to reduce energy usage and save money on heating bills
- Environmentally friendly helping to achieve the Government’s targets for reducing CO2 emissions from homes
- Helps to reduce drafts near windows to create a more useful space in rooms
- Excellent light transmission which helps to reduce the need for artificial lighting
- Suitable for use in PVCu, timber and aluminium profiles in both new and replacement windows
- Benefits from the reputation, heritage and consumer awareness of the Pilkington brand